How To Match Your Reading Glasses to Your Hair Color
There is more to eyewear than having it look great on the shelves; you want it to look great on you. Eyewear is potentially one of the first things that people will notice about you, so here are a few tips on how to make sure your reading glasses compliment your features.
As far as shape, look for a shape that contradicts your face shape. In short, if you have mostly round features, look for a more angular frame. The most important aspect is to locate a frame that fits in proportion to your face.
Probably the most fun aspect when looking at reading glasses is the wide varieties of colors that come in. Rather than matching the frames to your eye color, focus on your hair color. Here are a couple of tips based on hair color:
- Blonde – If you have blonde hair, go with a medium to light brown or tortoise shell finish. Lighter color frames, such as whites or clear frames tend to look fabulous on blondes. That is not to say you can’t go with a classic black frame, black frames are a must have for anybody as they can go with just about anything.
- Brown – If you have brown hair, compliment it with your reading glasses. Go with a burgundy or deep brown frame. And tortoiseshell finish always looks nice with brown.
- Red- If you have red hair look warm brown frame, tortoise shell coloring always looks super with red hair. Just avoid anything too yellow and you are sure to love just about any color.
- Black – If you have black hair look for a darker tortoise finish. Just like clothing, black goes with just about anything, so feel free to try on just about any color frame you like.
- Silver – If you have silver hair select a frame that will add color, such as Red Reading Glasses or magenta. Avoid tortoise and yellow as they do not go well with this hair color.
For you convenience, we have added links to popular styles in the appropriate colors above. Please feel free to browse and find the perfect style of reading glasses for you. Remember that eyewear is an accessory and you probably will not find one pair for each and every occassion. Most people like to have a work style, fun or home style, and an evening style. Have fun with them, with ReadinStyle's no hassle return policy, you are guaranteed to see happy.